- 16 cups (4 L) Artisan Chicken Stock
- 12 oz (360 g) dry rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 lbs (1 kg) boneless skinless chicken breast cut into julienne strips
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
- 6 T (90 mL) minced garlic
- 2 T (30 mL) minced ginger
- 2 T (30 mL) red pepper flakes
- 2 T (30 mL) fish sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh basil
Reconstitute Artisan Chicken Stock according to package directions and set aside.
Soak noodles in very hot tap water according to package directions. While noodles are soaking, heat oil in deep skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes. Cook stirring for 3 minutes; then add stock and fish sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is done, about 8 minutes.
Drain noodles and cut into short pieces, about 1½ inches long; add into hot broth. Serve 2 cups (480 mL) garnished with cilantro, green onion and basil.
YIELD: 12 SERVINGS