By Lawrence Herzog
The country’s largest industry trade show and a roster of sessions will inspire with ingenuity and innovation. The two-day show at the Vancouver Convention Centre will bring together independent coffee and tea retailers, restaurateurs, foodservice operators, chain operators, distributors and buyers to learn and share.
The show welcomes back the Canadian Barista Championship, alongside the trade show. The show features aisle upon aisle of the best products and solutions the industry has to offer from North America and around the world. It will be a place to mingle, share expertise, nurture relationships, and make connections to build success.
Workshops and seminars will cover such topics as the sustainability of the independent coffee house; coffee, chocolate and desserts – outstanding combinations; and frappés that pay.
In these challenging times, everybody is looking for ways to drive profit and increase margins, and coffee, tea and dessert are three of the best ways to do it. The show will serve up new and interesting ways to win with specialty coffee and tea.
As Canada’s only national trade forum for the coffee, tea and dessert sectors, the show will attract a wide range of participants including retailers, suppliers, distributors, category managers, media, and interested visitors. In total, nearly 300 companies are expected to be represented on the trade show floor.
Streamed online from the show, the country’s best baristas – winners of Canada’s three regional barista championships – will compete for the chance to represent Canada next spring at the 2013 World Barista Championship. Each of these “coffee ambassadors” will prepare and serve 12 separate espresso beverages and present them to a distinguished panel of judges. They’ll be marked on various elements including station cleanliness, taste, beverage presentation, technical skills and overall impression.
The baristas celebrate the passion and the craft, exhibitors and workshop presenters share the innovation and the knowledge, and everybody who attends takes away something new.
Check out the show at www.coffeeteashow.ca and follow it on Twitter and Facebook.
Top 7 reasons to attend CTS
- Make connections, build your business. Expertise flourishes on the trade show floor, and the networking reception is a great opportunity to connect and share.
- Engage and ask questions to learn. Choose from educational sessions on comparative tea tasting, industry updates, and more.
- Network with peers. Meet old friends, make new ones, benchmark your business, and brainstorm new ideas to improve your bottom line.
- Marvel at the Canadian Barista Championships. Appreciate the art of perfection of Canada’s best and brightest baristas as they compete live-streamed online.
- Get your hands on. Workshops include training on basic and advanced coffee cuppings, basic and advanced tea cuppings.
- Touch, see and try the newest gear. Check out roasters, espresso machines, tea filters, organic coffee, exotic teas, and much more.
- Take a taste of Vancouver, featuring Canada’s most robust café culture.