YIELD:24 servings, 1 cup (250 mL) soup and 1 prosciutto half (3 g) each
INGREDIENTS WEIGHTS MEASURES:
- prosciutto, thinly sliced 5 oz. [140 g] 12 slices
- 25%-less-sodium chicken broth – 1-3/4 qt. [1.75 L]
- water – 1-3/4 qt. [1.75 L]
- frozen sweet peas 5.75 lb. [2.6 kg] 1 gal. [4 L]
- baby spinach leaves, cut into strips, loosely packed 10 oz. [285 g] 2 qt. [2 L]
- scallions, chopped 5 oz. [140 g] 2 cups [500 mL]
- Philadelphia Herb & Garlic Cream Cheese Product 10 oz. [285 g] 1-1/3 cups [325 mL]
- fresh mint, chopped 1 oz. [30 g] 1 cup [250 mL]
- freshly ground black pepper [2 g] 1 tsp. [5 mL]
PLACE prosciutto slices in single layer on baking sheet. Broil, 6 inches from heat, 2 min. or just until prosciutto begins to crisp. Cool. Break each prosciutto slice in half.
BRING broth and water to a boil in large saucepan on medium-high heat. Stir in peas, spinach and scallions. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 min. Add cream cheese, mint and pepper. Cook 2 min., stirring frequently, or until cream cheese is melted and soup is heated through.
PUREE soup, in batches, in blender until smooth. Ladle soup into serving bowls. Garnish each serving with a prosciutto half.
Kraft Kitchens Tips
Soup and prosciutto can be prepared and refrigerated up to 24 hours before serving. When ready to serve, reheat soup and serve with prosciutto. Soup can also be served cold. Prepare as directed; cool and refrigerate 3 hours or until chilled.
Substitute chopped fresh tarragon or dill for the mint.
Crumble prosciutto and sprinkle into individual bowls of soup just before serving.