CURRIED CHICKEN KABOBS
- 48 oz (1.4 kg) pure KRAFT Refrigerated Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup (250 mL) curry powder
- 15 lbs (6.7 kg) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 4 cm cubes
Curried chicken kabobs: Mix dressing and curry powder. Add to chicken in non-reactive container; toss to coat. Marinate overnight in refrigerator. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread 155 g chicken onto each of 48 skewers (or onto each of 4 skewers for trial recipe). Refrigerate until ready to grill.
- 6 3/4 lbs (3.1 kg) basmati rice, well washed, soaked in water for 30 min. and well drained
- 2 gal (8 L) water
Sweet mango-spiced basmati rice: Cook rice in boiling water in covered saucepan just until rice is tender. Spread onto sheet pan, separating all grains. Cool.
- 5 1/4 lbs (2.35 kg) sugar
- 7 1/2 cups (1.8 L) water
- 2 T (30 mL) cardamom pods,lightly crushed
- 2 tsp (10 mL) whole cloves
- 2 T (30 mL) ground turmeric
Spiced-sugar syrup: Meanwhile, bring sugar and water to boil in large saucepan, stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved. Add crushed cardamom pods, cloves and turmeric; stir. Simmer on medium-low heat 10 min. (or 3 to 5 min. for trial recipe) until of syrup-like consistency. Remove cardamom pods and cloves with fork; discard.
BASMATI RICE GARNISHES
- 1 1/2 lbs (675 g) slivered almonds,toasted
- 1 cup (250 mL) golden raisins
- 1 cup (250 mL) lemon juice
- 4 1/2 lbs (2 kg) mangos, peeled,cut into small dice
- 3/4 lb (340 g) fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
Basmati rice garnishes: Add hot Spiced-Sugar Syrup to rice; mix lightly. Gently combine nuts, raisins and lemon juice; cover. Let stand 5 min. on top of warm stove. Gently mix in mangos and cilantro using a folding action.
For each serving: Grill 1 kabob until chicken is done. Plate 1 cup (250 mL) rice mixture; top with kabob.
Shortcut: Marinate kabobs 1 hour before grilling to order.
YIELD: 48 SERVINGS