YIELD:24 servings, 1 sandwich each (300 g)
INGREDIENTS WEIGHTS MEASURES:
- Cooked pork shoulder, pulled 6 lb. [2.7 kg] 1-1/2 gal. [1.5 L]
- Bull’s-Eye Bold Original Barbecue Sauce 1 lb. + 14 oz. [845 g] 3 cups [750 mL]
- country-style Dijon mustard 6 oz. [170 g] 1/2 cup [125 mL]
- unsalted butter 2 oz. [60 g] 1/4 cup [50 mL]
- yellow onions, julienned 2 lb. [900 g] 1-1/2 gal. [1.5 L]
- Gala apples, peeled, julienned 2 lb. [900 g] 1-1/2 gal. [1.5 L]
- dark brown sugar 8.5 oz. [240 g] 1-1/2 cups [375 mL]
- sourdough bread slices, toasted 3.75 lb. [1.7 kg] 24 slices [-]
- Kraft Swiss Cheese 1.5 lb. [675 g] 48 slices [-]
- Gala apples, very thinly sliced 8.5 oz. [240 g] 72 slices [-]
FOR trial recipe (1 sandwich): Combine pork, barbecue sauce and mustard in small saucepan. Cook on medium heat 3 to 5 min. or until heated through. Cover to keep warm.
MELT butter in small saute pan on medium heat. Add onions; cook 3 to 4 min. or until softened. Add julienned apples; cook about 5 min. or until apples are softened and onions begin to caramelize. Stir in sugar until dissolved.
PLACE 1 bread slice on half sheet pan. Cover with pork mixture, onion mixture and 2 cheese slices. Broil under salamander until cheese is melted. Fan 3 apple slices over the cheese just before serving.
Kraft Kitchens Tips
Onion-Apple mixture can be prepared ahead of time. Cool, then refrigerate up to 4 hours. Bring to room temperature before using as directed.