- 1.5 kg (3 lbs) High Liner Foodservice Signature Frozen-at-Sea Canadian Sea Scallops, thawed
- 50 mL (¼ cup) butter
- 50 mL (¼ cup) minced fresh ginger
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 500 mL (2 cups) canned coconut milk
- 30 mL (2 T) curry powder
- 10 mL (2 tsp) grated lemon zest
- 9 green onions, sliced
- 5 mL (1 tsp) salt and pepper, each
- 2.25 L (9 cups) cooked Basmati rice
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) chopped cilantro
Pat scallops dry with paper towels. Sauté in half of the butter until done and lightly browned, sautéeing in batches, if required.
Remove from pan and keep warm.
Add remaining butter to pan, melt and sauté ginger root and garlic about 2 minutes. Add coconut milk, curry powder and lemon peel; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
Stir in scallops together with any accumulated liquid and green onions; season. Serve over Basmati rice and sprinkle with cilantro.
YIELD: 12 SERVINGS