- 30 mL olive oil
- 700 mL onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 L butternut squash,peeled, ½” dice
- 60 mL chili powder
- 10 mL ground cumin
- 1 L black beans
- 1.8 L KNORR® Professional Liquid Concentrated Vegetable Base, prepared
- 1 L canned diced tomatoes, juice reserved
- 1.8 L Swiss chard, chopped coarsely
- salt and pepper, to taste
- artisan-style croutons, for garnish
Heat oil in heavy, large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic. Sauté until tender and golden. Add squash, then chili powder and cumin.
Stir in beans, prepared vegetable base and tomatoes with juice; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until squash is tender.
Stir in Swiss chard; simmer until chard is tender but still bright green. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
YIELD: 10 SERVINGS