YIELD:16 pizzas or 32 servings, 1/2 pizza (211 g) each
INGREDIENTS WEIGHTS MEASURES:
- prepared pizza dough, 115-g balls 4 lb. [1.8 kg] 16 each
- Kraft BarBQ Sauce 20 fl oz [565 g] 2 cups [500 mL]
- Bull’s-Eye Bold Original Barbecue Sauce 20 fl oz [565 g] 2 cups [500 mL]
- onions, sliced 4 lb. [1.8 kg] 4 large
- oil, divided 2 fl oz [60 g] 1/4 cup [50 mL]
- bone-in chicken thighs, skin on 4 lb. [1.8 kg] –
- kosher salt [4 g] 2 tsp. [10 mL]
- black pepper [2 g] 1 tsp. [5 mL]
- arugula 8 oz. [225 g] 2 qt. [2 L]
- red onions, diced 4 oz. [115 g] 1 cup [250 mL]
PLACE pizza dough in lightly oiled pan; cover until ready to use. (Refrigerate if not using within 2 hours.)
MIX barbecue sauces until blended.
COOK onions in 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) oil (or in 1 Tbsp. [15 mL] oil for trial recipe) in large sauté pan on low heat 45 min. or until caramelized. Remove from heat; set aside.
SEASON chicken with remaining oil, salt and pepper. Roast in 400ºF (200ºC) convection oven until done (170ºF [77ºC]); cool. Remove chicken skins; set aside. Shred chicken into bite-size pieces.
CUT chicken skins into 1/2-inch-wide strips; flash fry in 350ºF (180ºC) oil until crisp. Drain.
FOR each pizza: Heat pizza stone in 400ºF (200ºC) standard oven.
ROLL out and stretch 1 ball of dough into 14-inch round; place on pizza peel. Spread dough with 2 oz. (60 g) sauce; top with 2 oz. (60 g) onions and 3 oz. (85 g) shredded chicken. Transfer to hot pizza stone.
BAKE 10 to 12 min. or until crust is crisp and golden brown around edge. Remove from oven with pizza peel. Cut into 8 pieces. Top with 1/2 cup (125 mL) arugula, 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) diced onions and about 5 strips fried chicken cracklings.
Kraft Kitchens Tips
Dress the arugula lightly with vinaigrette before using as directed.